Platteville Fiber Project FAQ

Hilltop Broadband is bringing lightning fast fiber optic internet to Platteville!

We are doing this without any commitment or financial assistance from the the Town of Platteville.  This project is funded by a 75% grant from the State of Colorado's Broadband grant program.  The remaining 25% is being funded by Hilltop Broadband.

To sign up for our community open house click here:  

FAQ's

Q:  Why is Hilltop building fiber in my neighborhood?

A:  Hilltop Broadband, in business since 2013 is committed to the the Town of Platteville. Our goal is to bring the best internet service available to your community and beyond.

Q:  I'm ready for service.  Where can I sign up?

A:  Click the button below!  

 

Q:  How much will this cost me?

A:  There is zero cost to you as a home owner unless you choose to sign up for Hilltop's fiber optic internet or phone service.

Q:  How can Hilltop just come in and build a fiber system without permission from home owners?

A:  Hilltop will be building it's fiber optic system in the existing Rights of Way and Utility easements that are dedicated for this purpose when the neighborhood were platted and recorded since 1897.  These areas were dedicated to this purpose by the land developers and owners as part of the Town of Platteville's development requirements.  Public Utilities have the right to construct and maintain systems within these areas.

Q:  Are you going to tear up my yard and leave a mess?

A:  No.  We utilize trenchless cable installation that minimizes impact to landscaping.  Our crews are Hilltop employees, not contractors so we ensure that our crew does the job right.

Q:  What are all the colored flags and paint in my front yard about?

A:  These flags and markings are made by utility companies to indicate existing underground cables and pipes.  The markings are required by Colorado law, and the allow us to safely install our fiber lines.

Q:  Who can I contact for more information?

A:  Please give us a call at 970-344-9541 and we will be happy to answer your questions.

WHO WE ARE

Hilltop Broadband is a Colorado company bringing fiber optic internet and wireless internet service to communities across the state.  No need to wait for the billion dollar Cable and Telephone companies to bring fiber to your neighborhood.  Hilltop Broadband is bringing you a better way to connect right now in your community.